Are you a Queen or a Vagabond when it comes to requirements for your bed for the night? Pondering what are the best places to stay in Cuba in 2022?
Fear not, here you find an overview of the whole range of options on where to stay in Cuba for your holiday. Listed is a varied range of hostels and B&B, high-end hotel options, and Casas for rent in the different destinations.
This list is a work in progress, a living document, that will be updated irregularly as I get information and travel more around Cuba.
Please expect any link in this article to be an affiliate link. If you make a purchase through this link, it may provide a small commission for me at no extra cost to you!
Where To Stay In Havana
Whatever sanctuary you are looking for on your holidays, the capital of Cuba has an option that is right for you. Some of the best places to stay in Cuba, you will find in the capital.
You can find a shared room with a bunk bed for 15 dollars a night, or you can stay at a luxury hotel where you have a pool, gym, restaurants, wifi, and beds made to die for.
It is all within reach, depending on your budget or preferences.
Five Stars Hotels
- Gran Hotel Manzana Kempinski in Old Havana by Parque Central (4,5) (Manzana Rooftop Terrace)
- Iberostar Grand Packard in Old Havana Prado and the Malecon (4,5)
- Iberostar Parque Central in Old Havana (4,5)
- Iberostar Parque Central Rooftop Terrace)
- Hotel Boutique Casavana in Vedado (5)
- Saratoga Boutique Hotel in Old Havana by the Capitolio (4) (Hotel Saratoga Rooftop Terrace)
- Hotel Melia Habana in Miramar (4)
- Hotel Memories Miramar (4) (my review)
Four Star Hotels In Havana
- Havana Riviera by Iberostar by Paseo, between Vedado and Miramar (4.0)
- Hotel National de Cuba in Vedado (4.4)
- La Villa Teresa in La Vibora (4.8)
- Hostal B&B Tu Habana (4.5)
- Malecon 663 between Old Havana and Vedado (4.4) (Malecon 663 Roof Top Terrace)
Three Stars Hotels And Casas In Havana
- Quinta Avenida Habana Hotel in Miramar (3.6)
- Hostal Tu Habana
- Casa Buena Vista
- Hostal Colonial Esturias
- Elegancia Suites Habana
- Casa Randy
- Residencia Santa Clara
- Casa Mirador La Colina
- Casa Maura Habana Vieja
- Madero Bed&Breakfast
- Simone LÌtaliano Vero
Where To Stay In Varadero
Although known to be a Caribbean paradise in Cuba, the long narrow peninsula of Varadero is not just an all-inclusive resort haven for luxury-seeking tourists.
Although reputed for being home to some of the best places to stay in Cuba when it comes to luxury resorts, there are also other options in Varadero.
There is the little city of Matanzas just across to the mainland, and also Varadero Town on the peninsula where you are able to find private lodging, through Airbnb, Hostelworld, or several other apps.
Five Stars Hotels
- Melia International Varadero all-inclusive (4,5) (my review)
- Melia Paradisus Varadero Resort & Spa (5)
- Melia Varadero (5)
- Royalton Hicaco Resort adults only (4,5)
- Iberostar Selection Varadero spa hotel (4,5)
- Melia Las Americas adults only / wellness&spa / golf (4,5)
- Paradisus Princesa del Mar Melia Resort & Spa (4)
- Mansion Xanadu Hotel Varadero Golf Club (4)
Casas And Other Accommodation In Varadero
- Melia Marina Varadero Apartments (3,5)
- Pedrito Hostal (5)
- Casa Yairi y Tito (5)
- Casa Carelia y Victor (5)
- Casa de Mary y Angel (5)
- Casa Ileana y Ray (5)
- Casa Marta Margarita (4,5)
- Casa Betty Mar (5)
- Casa Alexis (5)
- Casa Mayan (4,5)
Where To Stay In Cayo Santa Maria
Cayo Santa Maria is a triplet of little islands, or keys, off of the northern shores of Cuba 3-4 hours east of Havana in a direct car.
It is also about half an hour from the important revolutionary city Santa Clara, and on these little keys, after passing the pedraplen to get there (you don’t need a ferry or anything) there is nothing but large hotels and resorts!
Cayo Santa Maria is a universe of luxury all-inclusive resorts scattered around the islets, all with private beaches, gyms, restaurants, spas, and everything you want at any time.
The only thing there is not out there, is a town or a “civil society”. That means that when you stay at one of the resorts in Cayo Santa Maria, that is where you stay!
Five And Four Star Resorts in Cayo Santa Maria
- Melia Las Dunas
- Melia Buenavista
- Royalton Cayo Santa Maria Adults Only
- Gran Memories Santa Maria
- Memories Paraiso Beach Resort
- Starfish Cayo Santa Maria
- Valentin Perla Blanca
- Iberostar Selection Ensenachos
- Playa Cayo Santa Maria
- Angsano Cayo Santa Maria
- Grand Aston Cayo Las Brujas
- Melia Cayo Santa Maria
- Melia Sol Cayo Santa Maria
Where To Stay In Holguin
Holguin is the fourth largest city in Cuba, located in the eastern parts, around two and a half hours drive north of Santiago de Cuba.
It is an inland city, but it will take you less than an hour to drive to the beaches and beach towns on the northeastern shores.
The speacual features of the coasts of Holguín are that the beaches often are located between rocky compounds creating unique stretches of white sands between them.
The area of Holguin located on fertile plains is particularly known for being an important communications and trading center in eastern Cuba, as well as sugar refining and cigar making,
Five Stars Hotels In Holguin
- Paradisus Rio de Oro Resort & Spa (5)
- Sol Rio de Luna y Mares (4)
- Iberostar Selection Holguin (5)
- Hotel Playa Costa Verde (all inclusive)
- Hotel Playa Pesquero Resort Suite & Spa (Eco friendly)
Where To Stay In Trinidad
The UNESCO-protected colonial city of Trinidad is best known for its remarkably well-kept old city, where a lot of the architecture has remained untouched for centuries.
In Trinidad city are a myriad of casa particulares for rent, whether you pre-book or wander the streets to find a bed for the night.
Trinidad is not home to a vast number of luxury hotels, but there are some resorts along Playa Ancon beach, a beautiful Caribbean white sandy beach around 15 minutes from the center of Trinidad.
Five Stars Hotels
- Iberostar Grand Trinidad (Adults only)
Other Accomodation And Casas in Trinidad
Cayo Coco & Guillermo
Five Stars Hotel In Cayo Coco
Wrap-Up Best Places To Stay In Cuba
This is an extensive overview of the best places to stay in Cuba in the most popular destinations and across the star spectrum.
Hopefully, this has not made it more difficult for you to choose, but if you suffer from decision refusal, feel free to check out the more in-depth reviews of hotels and accommodation in Varadero, Havana, and Cayo Santa Maria respectively!